Vivaldi and Opera - Vivaldi and Opera
20.04.2014 - 29.12.2014 | 20:30 | Ateneo Di San Basso
The Virtuosi di Venezia (San Marco Chamber Orchestra) will use music to recreate the period when Antonio Vivaldi was alive and composing in Venice.
Beginning in 1703, Vivaldi worked in Venice as a violin teacher, and later as violin master. During this time, over 60 of the famous Italian composer´s works were written. In 1714, Antonio Vivaldi began his tenure as director of the Sant´Angelo Theatre. He departed the city in 1740.
Let the music of Vivaldi and Mozart charm you, in a programme with the most beautiful works of these two famous composers, as well as many others
Concerto F XI n° 48 in do maggiore, Per archi e basso continuo, Allegro - grave - allegro
Sinfonia ´Olimpiade´, Per archi e basso continuo, allegro-andante- allegro molto
Da ´Il Tigrane´, ´Se lascio d´adorare´, aria per soprano
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
Da ´Don Giovanni´ ´Dalla sua pace´, aria per Tenore
Da ´Il barbiere di Siviglia´ ´Una voce poco fa´, aria per Soprano
Da ´Lelisir damore´ ´Una furtiva lagrima´, aria per Tenore
´Una parola o Adina´, duetto per Soprano e Tenore
Dalla ´Cavalleria Rusticana´, ´Intermezzo´, per Orchestra
Da ´Traviata´ ´Addio del passato´, aria per Soprano
Da ´Rigoletto´ ´La donna è mobile´, aria per Tenore
Da ´Bohème´ ´Quando men vo´, aria per Soprano
Da ´Tourandot´ ´Nessun dorma´, aria per Tenore
Da ´Carmen´ Entracte III, per Orchestra
Da ´Traviata´ ´Brindisi´ duetto per Soprano e Tenore
Program is subject to change
The Virtuosi di Venezia (San Marco Chamber Orchestra) will use music to recreate the period when Antonio Vivaldi was alive and composing in Venice. >> Read more
Dates April 2014
Dates May 2014
Dates June 2014
Dates July 2014
Dates August 2014
Dates September 2014
Dates October 2014
Dates November 2014
Dates December 2014
San Basso is a former church and concert hall in Venice, Italy.
According to the Venetian historian Flaminio Corner, the church was erected in the year 1079. It was rebuilt after fires in 1105 and again in 1661, the latter to a design by Baldassarre Longhena. Located nearby the St. Mark`s Clocktower, it has a side façade on the Piazza San Marco. It has four Corinthian columns and two single mullioned windows.
In 1806, during the Napoleonic occupation, the church was closed and sold to a private source. In 1847 it was ceded to the Basilica di San Marco, which used it to store marbles and sculptures until, in the 1890s, it was restored as a meeting and concert hall.